Housekeeping Associate - Full Time
Goddard House is seeking a full time housekeeping associate to join our team.
At our community, priority number one is the enhancement of each resident’s Quality of Life. We focus on the whole person, not just the treatment of their most basic physical or cognitive needs. Our method is to individualize a plan of care for each resident, providing just the right combination of services to optimize their overall well-being, independence, personal dignity and enrichment.
- Assist the Director of Building & Grounds with apartment turnovers.
- Handle service/maintenance calls from residents.
- Assist with general daily housekeeping.
- Perform ongoing and preventive maintenance tasks.
- Keep exterior grounds clean and free of debris, and perform light grounds care.
- Handle snow removal and salts and/or sands on walkways, sidewalks and entryways, as assigned.
- Assist with moving furniture and trash removal, as assigned.
- Assist with Model Apartment set-up for touring.
- Provide support to various department directors on community special events, holidays and marketing functions.
- One or more years related experience in a similar work environment preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both written and oral, with residents and staff
- Must be able to relate well with seniors, demonstrating a pleasant, tactful, compassionate, manner. Must have a desire to work with individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementias
- Must be dependable and reliable, maintaining a positive and professional attitude and a calm demeanor; able to follow directions
- Must be a flexible team player with the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment actively promoting a culture of teamwork across departments, cooperation, enthusiasm, customer service, and an atmosphere conducive to growth
- Heavy lifting and moving, requires physical ability to lift up to 25 pounds or more on a regular basis as required
Background checks will be completed prior to employment.
Walk-in applicants are welcome.
Rewarding work, a homelike / non-nursing home environment, work / life balance, and supportive co-workers are just a few of the many reasons our associates have chosen to work for Senior Living Residences. Known among our peers as the Right Values Company, SLR communities are guided by our core beliefs in resident quality of life, integrity, innovation, discovery and valued associates.
- We are proud of the environment we have cultivated that encourages all associates' ideas and feedback in an effort to better our programming, operations and, of course, care for our residents.
- All associates are treated equally, as valued and respected professionals
- We emphasize personal kindness, professional cooperation, open lines of communication, and sharing of ideas and concerns
- Family comes first – we offer generous family, medical, maternity and bereavement leave, 401 K Retirement Savings Plan, life insurance, medical insurance
- We offer training & education opportunities
- We have a strict “zero tolerance” sexual harassment policy
SLR offers a culture of constant-learning and constant-improvement, always striving to set higher standards. In addition, our associates appreciate access to professional education as well as a competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacations, illness or other personal use & Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance (with company contribution toward premiums)
- Vision & Dental Care Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Matching 401K Tax Deferred Retirement Savings Program
- Bonus Opportunities, including a generous staff and resident referral bonus program
- Support for associates caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's (SLR is a Corporate Champion in the Alzheimer’s Workplace Alliance)
- AND MORE!