Part-Time Resident Care Associate (CNA) (Assisted Living)
Goddard House is seeking Part Time Resident Care Associates to work in its Traditional Neighborhood. 3-9pm and some weekends.
At our community, priority number one is the enhancement of each resident’s Quality of Life. We focus on the whole person, not just the treatment of their most basic physical or cognitive needs. Our method is to individualize a plan of care for each resident, providing just the right combination of services to optimize their overall well-being, independence, personal dignity and enrichment.
Goddard House embraces the aging experience for seniors living in the Boston area by operating a high-quality assisted living community and by creating innovative programs which support our need for purpose, engagement, autonomy and choice as we age.
Our Resident Care Associates (CNAs or CHHAs) are responsible for the delivery of quality care to the residents of the community, encouraging independence and ensuring each resident’s physical, social, cultural, intellectual, and mental well being.
RCAs will be responsible for:
- Providing personal care as directed by the service plan and as scheduled on the RCA’s shift assignment in a compassionate, professional and efficient manner.
- Monitoring residents’ SAMM making the required record entries to the Medication Management Record Book at appropriate times, and notifies the Supervisor concerning the effects of self-administered medications.
- Communicating with and assisting families and visitors in a helpful, professional manner.
- Initiating and completing activity programming as directed by the EnrichedLIFE Director and/or Compass Program Director.
- Encouraging residents to socialize and participate in scheduled activities.
- Completing all documentation of performance of assigned resident care duties
- Assisting with dining services as needed.
- Performing light housekeeping services as assigned and assists with cleaning of areas of bodily fluids and other emergencies.
A desire to serve seniors and a dedication to improving their quality of life is required. RCAs must maintain a positive attitude, the flexibility to perform various duties in service to the residents and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Certified as a Certified Nursing Assistant or Certified Home Health Aide
- Resident Care Associates must demonstrate experience in geriatric care, work well with seniors showing understanding and patience, be a flexible team player, and demonstrate a desire to work with individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementias.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Background checks will be completed prior to employment.
Walk-in applicants are welcome.
Why work for us?
Assisted Living is NOT the same as a nursing home. Our communities offer a HIGH QUALITY work environment featuring homelike residential buildings (with apartments, not hospital rooms), independent healthy residents (not patients), daily social participation in meaningful programs with seniors, lasting close relationships with the seniors you take care of, and fulfilling work beyond personal care.
Senior Living Residences is a Massachusetts company.
- We are LOCAL. We KNOW our employees; your contributions will be appreciated
- Your work-life balance is a priority
- We support your professional development
We offer Excellent Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive hourly pay
- Flexible shifts (part-time, full-time, per diem)
- Shift differential pay (more money for nights, weekends)
- Paid time off, paid holidays
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, Worker’s Comp, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and a Company-funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 401(K) with Employer Matching
- Parental Leave; Family and Medical Leave
- Wellness Program; Employee Assistance Program