Receptionist (Per Diem) - Brookline, MA
We are seeking a per diem professional to serve as a first point of contact for callers and visitors. The hours for the role will be: Sundays 7am-4pm, occasional Saturdays, and as needed.
At our community, the Front Desk Receptionist is the information center of our community, managing all phone calls, greeting visitors, providing community information, managing resident transportation and outing schedules, and assisting residents with all requests. In addition, the Front Desk Receptionist shall be responsible for administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Business Administration. This position requires superior people skills.
- Greeting visitors immediately upon arrival, offering assistance, a warm smile and refreshments (coffee, water, etc.)
- Professionally handling phone calls and answering questions/routing callers in a timely and courteous manner
- Being the main point of contact for emergency situations
- Acting as concierge for residents (calling to inform them of visitors/package deliveries, offering meal and activity reminders and assisting with appointment reminders and transportation arrangements)
- Recording resident attendance at meals; Managing staff and guest meal payments.
- Assisting with the maintenance of resident records
- Assisting the Executive Director with marketing inquiries and tours
- General office duties such as faxing, filing, supply ordering/inventory and calendar management
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate preferred
- Possesses expert knowledge of telephone system
- Front Desk / Customer Service Experience, preferably in the hospitality industry
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheets, internet)
- Knowledge of general office equipment including telephone systems and printer/copier
- Must be comfortable to assist in emergency situations, and able to do so in a calm, competent and efficient manner
- Candidates must have reliable transportation
Background checks will be completed prior to employment