Memory Care Programming Assistant - Full Time
Goddard House is seeking a professional to serve as Full Time Programming Assistant for our memory support community Sunday through Thursday 10:30am - 7pm.
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative programmer who is creative, friendly, energetic and organized to assist the Program Director in creating, scheduling and implementing programs for our assisted living residents, as well as for residents in our Compass neighborhood who are living with dementia.
The Programming Assistant provides assistance in managing a comprehensive program for active independent seniors, as well as individuals with memory impairments, with the goal of enhancing their social, intellectual, creative, spiritual and physical well being. As assigned, instructs and supervises other assistants, Resident Care Associates (RCAs) and volunteers in their participation in activity programming; and serves as a liaison with family members, the larger community and care providers.
- The Programming Assistant may assist with developing, scheduling and directing these programs daily, including driving residents to off-site activities in the community van.
- Duties also include providing support for photography, the creation of a monthly newsletter, updating the community Facebook page, and assisting with public relations efforts.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- 1 to 2 years experience working with the elderly and/or Alzheimer’s populations.
- Experience providing programs or services to the elderly.
- Must be responsible, organized, and dependable with the ability to communicate effectively with senior citizens and their families.
- Computer skills required.
- Must be flexible and a good team player.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
- Must be able to express self clearly, verbally and in writing.
- Must have a history of responsible, accident-free driving.
Background checks will be completed prior to employment.
Walk-in applicants are welcome.
Goddard House embraces the aging experience for seniors living in the Boston area by operating a high-quality assisted living community and by creating innovative programs which support our need for purpose, engagement, autonomy and choice as we age.
Rewarding work, a homelike / non-nursing home environment, work / life balance, and supportive co-workers are just a few of the many reasons our associates have chosen to work for Senior Living Residences. Known among our peers as the Right Values Company, SLR communities are guided by our core beliefs in resident quality of life, integrity, innovation, discovery and valued associates.
- We are proud of the environment we have cultivated that encourages all associates' ideas and feedback in an effort to better our programming, operations and, of course, care for our residents.
- All associates are treated equally, as valued and respected professionals
- We emphasize personal kindness, professional cooperation, open lines of communication, and sharing of ideas and concerns
- Family comes first – we offer generous family, medical, maternity and bereavement leave, 401 K Retirement Savings Plan, life insurance, medical insurance
- We offer training & education opportunities
- We have a strict “zero tolerance” sexual harassment policy
SLR offers a culture of constant-learning and constant-improvement, always striving to set higher standards. In addition, our associates appreciate access to professional education as well as a competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacations, illness or other personal use & Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance (with company contribution toward premiums)
- Vision & Dental Care Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Matching 401K Tax Deferred Retirement Savings Program
- Bonus Opportunities, including a generous staff and resident referral bonus program
- Support for associates caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's (SLR is a Corporate Champion in the Alzheimer’s Workplace Alliance)
- AND MORE!