Wellness Nurse (RN / LPN)
Senior Living Residences (SLR) is seeking a part time Wellness Nurse to support Goddard House, an Assisted Living and Compass Memory Support community in Brookline, MA.
SLR is acclaimed for its forward-thinking, pace-setting innovations in the world of senior care that include the renowned Compass Memory Support Program, as well as the award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program and the stigma-shattering Dementia Friendly Communities Initiative that is quickly spreading across our area.
The Wellness Nurse will assist the Resident Care Director in his or her duties. Assignments are varied, and can include any of the following:
- Assessment, Service Plan Development and Oversight
- Management and Training Duties
- Budgeting, Quality Control and Compliance
- Conduct tours and community outreach, and conduct assessments of potential residents
- Serve as “manager on duty” on a rotating weekend schedule with other managers
- Participate in social activities with residents as scheduled
- RN or LPN who is a graduate of an approved nursing program with valid MA nursing license or otherwise meets the requirements of EOEA Assisted Living regulations.
- 1-2 years experience with elderly or disabled individuals preferred.
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills and an acute sense of responsibility and moral integrity.
- Strong assessment and care planning skills.
- Experience with residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia.
- Computer literacy required.
- Sincere desire to work with residents and ability to deal with residents under all conditions.
- Compassion and patience essential; level-headed and calm in emergencies.
- Ability to cooperate with other associates in a team environment.
- Must be willing to perform non-essential duties as needed. Must possess a spirit of cooperation and enthusiasm in order to create an atmosphere conducive to growth.
- Must be able to handle the physical requirements of the job including standing, sitting, bending and moving residents (one person assist).
- Must have means of transportation to complete assessments for new and returning resident
Rewarding work, a homelike / non-nursing home environment, work / life balance, and supportive co-workers are just a few of the many reasons our associates have chosen to work for Senior Living Residences. Known among our peers as the Right Values Company, SLR communities are guided by our core beliefs in resident quality of life, integrity, innovation, discovery and valued associates.
- We are proud of the environment we have cultivated that encourages all associates' ideas and feedback in an effort to better our programming, operations and, of course, care for our residents.
- All associates are treated equally, as valued and respected professionals
- We emphasize personal kindness, professional cooperation, open lines of communication, and sharing of ideas and concerns
- Family comes first – we offer generous family, medical, maternity and bereavement leave, 401 K Retirement Savings Plan, life insurance, medical insurance
- We offer training & education opportunities
- We have a strict “zero tolerance” sexual harassment policy
SLR offers a culture of constant-learning and constant-improvement, always striving to set higher standards. In addition, our associates appreciate access to professional education as well as a competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacations, illness or other personal use & Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance (with company contribution toward premiums)
- Dental Care Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Matching 401K Tax Deferred Retirement Savings Program
- Bonus Opportunities, including a generous staff and resident referral bonus program
- Support for associates caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's (SLR is a Corporate Champion in the Alzheimer’s Workplace Alliance)
- AND MORE!